Tucking your boat in for the winter?
For boat enthusiasts everywhere, the end of boating season can be disappointing because on-the-water adventures are about to come to an end and the task of winterization is about to begin.
As you know, taking the time to protect your watercraft through the winter requires an investment of time, labor and money. While winterization is an absolute imperative that can help prevent irreversible damage, think of the process not as a chore, but a chance to dream about next spring when you’ll be ready to go afloat in Idaho Rivers and Lakes.
To help you get started, we at Castle Rock Insurance have compiled two essential steps to follow.
1. Find the best storage place indoors or outdoors
- If possible, find a place to have your boat spend the winter out of water and well out of the way of inclement weather.
- If you are storing your boat outdoors, check on the level of security. For example: Is there security personnel on duty? Is it a locked facility?
- And if your boat will be exposed to the elements over the winter, make sure it is shrink-wrapped by a professional.
2. Be thorough in winterizing or find a pro
- If you’re a do-it-yourselfer, the steps to winterizing your boat can be easily found via many online resources.
- Your boat’s owner’s manual also could be a great help, as most will include detailed winterization instructions.
Regardless where you get the details, you will ensure a better start come next boating season if you follow a comprehensive checklist now to get your boat ready for winter.
If you’re opting out of the do-it-yourself category and instead trusting the pros,you’ll want to find a shop that specializes in winterization. Get an appointment well in advance of the assault of inclement weather. To find the best option, consider getting a reference from a fellow boating enthusiast.
Regardless of how you choose to prepare your prized watercraft for the frigid days of winter, we at Castle Rock Insurance, hope you enjoy the cooler season as you await the return of spring!
At Castle Rock Insurance, we can work with you to make sure you've got the coverage you need, while at the same time using all possible credits and discounts to make that coverage affordable. Just give us a call at 208-678-2048, or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to help you meet your goals, and make sure what's important to you is protected!
Content provided by Safeco Insurance
Looking for activities to do in Idaho for the whole family or with just friends? Read about these tips for fishing and more.
Here are some safety tips for back to school
7 Tips to Help Keep Student Athletes Safe
Trying to find things for the kids to do this summer? We have a guide that has great ideas, that are not only safe, but fun.
Protect Yourself from the Unknown